Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Real Simple Magazine. I love it! You can use Vegetable Broth instead of Chicken Broth if you would like.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pint fresh salsa
- 16 ounces refried black beans
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or large pot over medium heat.
- Add the salsa and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Add the refried beans, black beans, and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls. Top with some remaining salsa dn the sour cream and cilantro, if using.
So easy, so healthy, and so tasty. The perfect food for a convenient lunch or a weeknight meal.
MAN this was good. I had to stop myself from eating an entire serving while it was still on the stove. I did modify a little by adding some chopped green onions and fresh jalapenos, and used a dollop of greek yoghurt instead of sour cream. Yummy!
Made this late last night. It was awesome! I skipped the oil and first 2 steps. Just put everything in a pot and heated through. The sour cream and cilantro are what makes it. We'll be having this again and again!