3 hrs 30 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
From Joesph Hallbeck, Sibley Station, Pequot Lakes, MN.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white beans, soaked overnight
- 2 quarts water, boiling
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 bell peppers, roasted
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Place soaked beans in 2 quarts boiling water.
- 2Add chicken base, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, balsamic vinegar, onion, and garlic.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, place bell peppers on a baking sheet and roast in a 450 degree Fahrenheit oven,turning occasionally, until outer skin is charred, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5Remove peppers from oven and cover with moist towel.
- 6When peppers have cooled, peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stems.
- 7Chop peppers.
- 8When beans are tender, add peppers and remaining ingredients.
- 9Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Soup With Artichokes, White Beans, and Roasted Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g