The Big Cheese's Note:
I had this at a local restaurant and it is to die for!! I had a head cold and could still taste all the wonderful flavors. It's easy to make and I guarantee you will be serving this instead of plain tomato soup from now on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 3 onions, diced
- 354.88 ml diced celery
- 44.37 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, minced
- 3075.67 ml whole tomatoes with juice, crushed
- 1892.72 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml dry red wine
- 22.18 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, diced
- 946.36 ml heavy cream
- 473.18 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and celery and saute for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in garlic, rosemary, crushed tomatoes, stock, wine, brown sugar and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Stir in heavy cream and bleu cheese and heat through.
- 6Add black pepper and stir well.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Roquefort Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.5
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.3 mg
- Sodium 1199.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g