Recipe by The Big Cheese
I had this at a local restaurant and it is to die for!! I had a head cold and could still taste all the wonderful flavors. It's easy to make and I guarantee you will be serving this instead of plain tomato soup from now on.
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 3 onions, diced
- 354.88 ml diced celery
- 44.37 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, minced
- 3075.67 ml whole tomatoes with juice, crushed
- 1892.72 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml dry red wine
- 22.18 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, diced
- 946.36 ml heavy cream
- 473.18 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery and saute for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, rosemary, crushed tomatoes, stock, wine, brown sugar and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and bleu cheese and heat through.
- Add black pepper and stir well.
- Serve hot.