Recipe by Irmgard
This is another terrific recipe that I got out of Canadian Living magazine. It is a great way to use up excess fresh tomatoes and is very easy to make. My daughter said it's like a warm pasta salad but she eats it cold as well!
- 1 lb short pasta, such as penne,fusilli or rotini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large sweet green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup halved pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 10 to 12 minutes until tender but firm.
- Drain and return to the pot, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, green pepper, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, 3/4 cup feta cheese, black olives and dill; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Add to pasta and toss well to coat, adding enough of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten if necessary.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup feta cheese.