Recipe by HeatherFeather
This delicious sandwich is a re-creation of one I ate in a lovely lunch cafe in Natchitoches, Louisiana. This was served with slices of fresh melon,kiwi,strawberries,and orange on the side drizzled with some honey mustard dressing.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is super! Very good mix of veggies. I didn't have the alfalfa sprouts, so I left those out. It was still a great sandwich for lunch today! I'll make this again....with the alfalfa sprouts!!
- 2 slices rye bread (or a round sandwich roll)
- 2 -4 slices cucumbers
- 2 -4 slices beefsteak tomatoes (or other large ripe tomato)
- 2 slices red onions
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- lemon juice
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard, to taste,or honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 -2 leaf green leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toast bread or roll.
- Toss avocado slices with a tiny bit of lemon juice to keep from getting brown.
- Spread some of the honey mustard on the bread.
- Place lettuce on bread, followed by tomato slices, cucumbers, red onion, and avocado slices.
- Drizzle remaining honey mustard over the vegetables.
- Top with sprouts and close up sandwich, securing with a toothpick.
- Note: To make honey mustard, combine honey and prepared yellow mustard together to taste.
- To make honey mustard salad dressing, simply add a little mayonnaise to the same mixture and thin with a tiny bit of milk if needed, to suit your taste.
- Of course, both honey mustard and honey mustard salad dressings are now sold in stores if you prefer to use ready made.