1/1 Photo of Tomato, Cucumber, & Avocado Sandwich
This delicious sandwich is a re-creation of one I ate in a lovely lunch cafe in Natchitoches, Louisiana. This was served with slices of fresh melon,kiwi,strawberries,and orange on the side drizzled with some honey mustard dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices rye bread (or a round sandwich roll)
- 2 -4 slices cucumbers
- 2 -4 slices beefsteak tomatoes (or other large ripe tomato)
- 2 slices red onions
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- lemon juice
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard, to taste,or honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 -2 leaf green leaf lettuce
- 1Lightly toast bread or roll.
- 2Toss avocado slices with a tiny bit of lemon juice to keep from getting brown.
- 3Spread some of the honey mustard on the bread.
- 4Place lettuce on bread, followed by tomato slices, cucumbers, red onion, and avocado slices.
- 5Drizzle remaining honey mustard over the vegetables.
- 6Top with sprouts and close up sandwich, securing with a toothpick.
- 7Note: To make honey mustard, combine honey and prepared yellow mustard together to taste.
- 8To make honey mustard salad dressing, simply add a little mayonnaise to the same mixture and thin with a tiny bit of milk if needed, to suit your taste.
- 9Of course, both honey mustard and honey mustard salad dressings are now sold in stores if you prefer to use ready made.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Cucumber, & Avocado Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 529.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g