Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Indonesian maid called this SAMBAL TOMAT. It taste hot, spicy, sweet and sour. Dip it with sliced cucumber, hmmmmm delicious
- 3 big red chilies, cut into 1cm
- 5 small hot peppers
- 2 small onions
- 1 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cm shrimp paste
- oil (for frying)
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Fry all ingredients, accept salt and sugar.
- for 2 minute.
- Set aside for 1 min, blend or pound all ingredients and add salt and sugar.
- Return to pan and fry another 1-2 minute.
I am not sure if shrimp paste will ever become my favourite ingredient, but this dip was really good! I was a bit unsure how much salt and sugar should be added, so I used about one tablespoon each, and it turned out great. We had this with shrimp and corn fritters for a nice lunch. Chosen for PAC spring 2007