Chilli Bean Dip
A fabulous hot dip that tastes great on french bread or corn chips.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup red kidney beans or 14 ounces refried beans, canned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped finely
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- Heat butter and oil in a large frypan and lightly fry bacon, onion and garlic.
- Add cumin, basil and chilli powder and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Add beans and mash.
- Cook over a low heat stirring often.
- Add tomato paste and vinegar and continue to cook until bubbling.
- OPTIONAL:Transfer to oven safe serving dish and put some grated cheese on top and heat till cheese is melted before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION