1/2 Photos of Tomato Bisque
A taste sensation from the pages of Fine Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, hearty
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1In a medium pot, heat the oil.
- 2Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly browned on the edges, about 7 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and thyme; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4Add the tomatoes, broth, honey, salt, and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 6Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced by a quarter and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 7Using a standard or immersion blender, puree about half the soup; it will still be chunky and thick.
- 8Return it to the pot and stir in the cream.
- 9Heat gently and adjust the seasonings.
- 10Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with the parsley if using, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.5
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 2340.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: