Recipe by AngelicFantasia
A taste sensation from the pages of Fine Cooking.
Top Review by logicalhenry
Excellent! Used diced toatoes rather than crushed and added freshed diced at the end. Will make again with milk rather than cream to cut the calories....I actually tried it before I added the cream and it was delicicious just lake that. Also may try with basil rather than thyme. Everyone loved it.....so long Cambells!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, hearty
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt, more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly browned on the edges, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced by a quarter and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Using a standard or immersion blender, puree about half the soup; it will still be chunky and thick.
- Return it to the pot and stir in the cream.
- Heat gently and adjust the seasonings.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with the parsley if using, and serve immediately.