Recipe by didyb
Easy to make and yummy. Better than any soup out of a can. Yes, it uses canned tomatoes, but you know what I mean...
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In soup pot, add olive oil.
- Cook onion until tender.
- Add garlic and cook a few more minutes.
- Add tomatoes (with juice) and vegetable broth.
- Stir in basil, oregano, sugar, pepper.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Use stick blender to smooth to desired consistancy.
- Add yogurt and cheese and heat through.