1/1 Photo of Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
1 hr 20 mins
This is my favorite soup. It's a nice balance of sweet and savory, and it freezed beautifully. I like it with grilled cheese. (I hate to specify a brand name / hard to find ingredient, but I haven't found a good substitute for Thai Kitchen's roasted red chili paste.) [This is adapted from The Naked Chef (Jamie Oliver).]
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Broil the red peppers, turning them so they blacken on all sides. Once they’re black, put them in a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and leave them until they’re cool enough to handle (about 30 minutes). Peel, seed, and roughly chop them.
- 2Warm the olive oil in a thick-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the peppers, chili paste, and a pinch of salt, stir to combine, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Finely chop the garlic, add to the pot, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Drain the tomatoes, and add to the pot with the red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the chicken stock. Puree with a stick blender until smooth, and simmer for 15 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 819.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste