Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great whipped topping for those who can't tolerate dairy. The texture isn't exactly like whipped cream, but it's a nice substitute! I recommend adding about 1 Tbsp Amaretto, too. Mmm!
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box extra-firm silken tofu (I use Mori-Nu)
- 1⁄3 cup oil or 1⁄3 cup soy margarine
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (or honey if you're not vegan) or 1⁄4 cup sugar (or honey if you're not vegan)
- 1 tablespoon soymilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon of your favorite liqueur (optional)
- Whip ingredients together in food processor until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Great recipe for vegans! I made this for Thanksgiving to top the pumpkin pie. Very yummy!!!
This is an excellent recipe! I've tried a few tofu cream recipes and this one beats them by far. Loved it! Thanks for sharing.