Recipe by DitaVT
Some like it hot! Spices, chillies, and herbs make a fragrant sauce for this dish. Adapted from a recipe for prawns in the "Hot & Spicy Kitchen Handbook"
- 3 -4 cups firm tofu (cubed)
- seasoning (I like Mrs. Dash Hamburger Blend)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree (paste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander (Cilantro)
- 1⁄2 hot chili pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup canned corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- 1 cup water chestnut (optional)
- white rice, to serve on (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- After preparing and cubing the tofu for cooking, sprinkle with seasoning and lemon juice and marinate for an hour (optional) and then cook in a pot with oil until lightly brown.
- Add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the tofu, onions, and garlic to a bowl, leaving some oil behind. Add tomato puree to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring thoroughly. Add the thyme, cinnamon, coriander and hot pepper and stir well.
- Blend the corn (reserving 1 tbsp for later) with the coconut milk in a blender or food processor. Add to the pan and simmer until reduced. Add the prawns and reserved corn, and simmer for 5 minutes. Also add the water chestnuts now if you'd like. Serve hot, garnished with coriander and over a bed of white rice if you prefer. Enjoy! :).