Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I personally think that the Mori Nu Silken (Firm) tofu works beautifully for this recipe. Its Vegan and Gluten Free and is a real treat for those wanting Vegan desserts. For an intense chocolate flavour you can increase the chocolate chips to 3/4 cup but 2/3 cup works best for us. You can see more step wise photos in this link - http://chefinyou.com/2011/03/tofu-chocolate-pudding/
- Combine the water and chocolate chips on top of a double boiler.
- Stir to melt it until smooth. Set aside.
- Blend the Tofu to puree it until its smooth and lump free.
- Add the melted chocolate to it and blend it once again to combine it well.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Refrigerate this for at least 2 hours. The longer you keep it, better for the tofu and chocolate to mingle. It will thicken.
- You can pipe them into serving bowls/ramekins and serve them plain or with raspberries.
This is such a great recipe! Very easy and quick to make (even with the chill time) and sooo tasty! The texture is thicker than regular pudding, but we enjoyed that a lot. The chocolate flavour is perfect and this really doesnt need anything else. I think for non-vegans white and milk chocolate versions would be awesome, too. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, DhiviK!
Made and reviewed for the Romantic Photo Event February 2012.
This is fantastic! Used an extra firm tofu since that's all I had, pressed and drained for about 20 minutes. I also melted sugar free chocolate chips for this to save carbs. I ran the tofu in the food processor, scraping down as needed, then blended the melted chocolate in and let it run for about a minute, scraping once. The texture right out of the processor reminded me of chocolate mousse; really fluffy and creamy. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing. Might try this with peanut butter next time, but it's perfect as is. Might use this for a pie filling, as it set up really firm and would cut quite easily after spending a few hours in the fridge.
Congrats! Your recipe and photo were featured as Recipe of the Day today (6/6) on our homepage!