Recipe by Sackville
This comes from BBC Good Food magazine. They recommend it as part of a low GI diet.
Top Review by ellie_
This is an interesting dish even though I needed to cook it longer than indicated. I wasn't sure of some of the ingredients so I used spinach and snow peas and probably a bit more egg noodles than indicated. Thanks for sharing.
- 12 ounces firm tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 ounces egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces pak choi or 8 ounces spinach
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 6 spring onions, cut into 5 cm lengths
- 3 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1 tablespoon cashew nuts, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the tofu with the soy, chilli sauce and sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the tofu.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Tip into the pan of noodles.
- Cut off the pak choi leaves and chop the stems on a slant.
- Add the stems to the wok with the pepper, spring onions, mangetout and cashew nuts and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Return the noodles and tofu to the wok.
- Throw in the pak choi leaves or spinach.
- Toss and divide between plates.