1/1 Photo of Toffee Pop Balls
4 hrs 40 mins
My friend Laura used to make these for dessert after dinner parties. I lost her recipe so have taken what I remembered of it and added different ingredients to make these a bit more adult. You don't have to use the liqueur if you don't want to, if you do you can also use Kahlua or Tia Maria if you prefer. This bit has been added as a result of Andria's review - if you use any other biscuits apart from toffee pops (eg Twix) make sure that there is a lot more biscuit than toffee - otherwise the mixture may not harden. I have used Twix in the UK but put them in the freezer for a couple of hours before making. Also, these are not hard truffles anyway - they are quite soft but hold their shape well so long as they are refrigerated until just prior to serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Process the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble small chunky bits of biscuit. You will have a mixture of fine crumbs and chunky bits of biscuit. If you don't have a food processor you can put these in a bag and bash with a rolling pin -very therapeutic after a hard day at work!
- 2Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and Baileys (if using) until well combined and creamy.
- 3Add the ground biscuits and combine until well mixed.
- 4Add coconut a little at a time until the mixture is relatively stiff. It should still feel a bit gooey as it will harden in the fridge.
- 5Cover the bowl and put in the fridge until this is firm, which should take about 2-4 hours.
- 6Put the remaining coconut in a bowl. Using a teaspoon, take small amounts of the biscuit mixture from the bowl and roll into balls, then roll in the coconut.
- 7Keep in a container in the fridge until using.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Pop Balls
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: