Simply Elegant Salad With Balsamic Raspberry Vinaigrette
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups lettuce (preferably a spring mix)
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 cup grapes, halved (or berries will work too)
- 3 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette (or Red Wine Vinaigrette)
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing (Ken's Steakhouse makes a good one)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- parmesan cheese or gorgonzola
- In a medium sized bowl mix the two vinegarettes and black pepper together, stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss lettuce, cuccumbers, onions, grapes, tomatoes and almonds.
- Add to veggies the desired amount of dressing, cheese, and more almonds. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to experiment in the kitchen and am not afraid to modify a recipe based on what I have on hand or what I think might taste good. I enjoy cooking things that are simple, delicious and nutritious. I enjoy food and beverage pairing. It is interesting how certain foods and beverages together can enhance the food or alter the taste. When I'm not working I enjoy spending time with loved ones, reading, crafts and aromatherapy. I'm always looking for simple recipies to keep my loved ones happy and healthy.</p>