Recipe by CoffeeB
Another TOH favorite!
Top Review by GaylaV
These are tasty little gems. I started making them and then realized I was out of brown sugar. I just doubled on the white but know the brown sugar would really add to the flavour. I used Skor toffee bits and they worked fine. I would really suggest using parchment paper as the toffee bits melt and stick to the pan. They do come off easily with hot water but it slowed me down a bit. I have these tucked away in the freezer for my Christmas tray -- will they last? Hmm, that is the question! Thanks for a nice and different recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup malted milk balls, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup English toffee bits or 3⁄4 cup almond brickle chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add pudding mix and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in the malted milk balls and the toffee bits (dough will be stiff).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.