I served this at a party and people kept raving about it and asking for the recipe. I must admit, I was addicted and was hoping for left overs - but it was all gone.
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces (such as Skor)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 6 Red Delicious apples, each cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 6 granny smith apples, each cored and cut into 8 wedges
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add toffee bits and mix well.
- Cover and chill.
- Combine juice and apples in a bowl; toss well.
- Drain apples; serve with dip.
Delicious! By the end of the get-together we were spreading the leftovers onto brownies! Easy to make too - I did it the day before
A hit at church coffee hour! The base is creamy and has such beautiful caramel color from the brown sugar that the dip would be good just like that... but adding the toffee bits(I used Heath bar bits) throws this one right over the top! This sweet, creamy dip with crunchy toffee and smooth chocolate bits is simply fabulous with crisp, tart and juicy apple slices... and on pretzel rods... and as icing on cake.... and on fingers... (we really liked this!)
I must admit, I am not a fan of sweet dips but this one was excellent. Serving it with apples is great because the tartness of the granny smith's compliments the sweetness of the dip. A must have at parties!