Coffee Panna Cotta
- Ready In:
6 small custard cups
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- chocolate-covered coffee beans or regular coffee beans, for garnish
- Combine the cream, sugar and coffee in a small saucepan. Sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top and allow to sit for at least 3 minutes to soften ( if it doesn't become moist, stir into the mixture and then allow to sit).
- Once the gelatin has softened, stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until bubbles form around the edges.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or a strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Divide the panna cotta mixture among 6 small custard cups.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap ( making sure that the wrap does not touch the panna cotta's surface) and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold, garnished with chocolate coffee beans or regular coffee beans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">