Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a sensational dessert served warm with vanilla ice-cream.
- 6 apples, peeled cored quartered
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vanillin sugar
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- Brush 10 cup ovenproof dish with melted butter to grease (or spray).
- Arrange apple pieces over dish.
- Place caster sugar and water in heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook stirring 2 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer uncovered 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour toffee over apples.
- Combine flour and sugar in bowl.
- Whisk in eggs 1 at a time.
- Add liqueur, oil and vanillin sugar.
- Gradually pour in milk stirring continuously until mixture is smooth.
- Pour over apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.