Chai Spiced Apple Clafoutis
photo by RawSpiceBar
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine milk, eggs, 6 tbsp butter, vanilla, flour, 2 tsp sugar, and salt in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in a large skillet. Add apples, 1⁄2 cup sugar, RawSpiceBar’s Peppercorn Chai and brandy. Cook until apples are glazed, about 5 minutes.
- dd half batter to greased pie plate. Arrange apple slices on top, reserving juices, then pour remaining batter over apples. Sprinkle remaining sugar on top and bake until golden, 25-30 minutes. Drizzle with warmed reserved apple juices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!