Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
great dessert if you are on atkins! my mom made this one up and i loved it
- 3 egg whites
- 24 packets Equal sugar substitute
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 ounces strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 12 ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold in 10 equal packets.
- beat cheese and egg yolks together, then fold in 14 equal packets.
- toss ladyfingers in cognac and coffee.
- butter a pyrex dish and line it with the lady fingers.
- spoon cheese mixture on top of them.
- top with egg white mixture.
- if needed, repeat layering process.
This isn't low carb - Watch out!
Tasty and perhaps more appropriate for the later stages of the Atkins diet. I think it's obvious to anyone who were stingently following the diet that this may not be appropriate for "induction" but could be used later or for people who were just trying to reduce their carb/refined sugar intake...maybe rename it "Lower carb" just a suggestion but then there wouldn't be people spazzing and giving lower reviews basically because of the name. The TASTE was great.
ladyfingers are sure NOT atkins-apropriate, but with some cheating ( using fewer then 12 ) i would recommend this recipe for desert, after all life is not only about sacrifices is it ? :)