Recipe by Outta Here
A low-fat, low sugar dessert treat. Great for a holiday dessert tray. From Chris Smith, The Diabetic Chef Cook time is chilling time. SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM FOR NUTRITIONAL INFO!
Top Review by tajgood1
I made these for Thanksgiving for my diabetic father and they are wonderful. I actually found the recipe on dlife.com. That recipe did specify to leave the cool whip frozen. Also, it showed the carbs at 2.7 g per serving. I will make these often!
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee, cold
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 30 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells (Athens Brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, Splenda, coffee and vanilla in medium bowl and mix until smooth. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag, fill tart shells.
- NOTE: Zaar doesn't recognize several of the ingredients, so Zaar nutritional info is wrong. Real info is: Calories-9.9, Total fat-0.7g, Saturated Fat-0.5g, Total carbs-0.7g, Sugars-0.6g, Sodium-5.2mg.