Diabetic Zucchini Bread (Low Sugar, Low Calorie, Low Fat )
photo by ArgentineBibi
- Ready In:
2 medium loafs
- 3⁄4 cup egg white, beat (or egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free margarine, melted
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 6 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend (3/4 cup reg. brown sugar)
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two medium loaf pans.
- In a bowl combine egg, brown sugar, sugar, apple sauce, and margarine.
- To bowl add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon,nutmeg, salt, and vanilla.
- Add flour slowly.
- Add shredded carrots, zucchini and nuts.
- Beat mixture (by hand or mixer).
- Pour loaf into pans.
- Bake 45 mins or 'til toothpick comes out clean.
I made the recipe as written, but onlyl got one 9/5 loaf pan and 1 mini pan from the batter. For this trial run that was not a problem. The taste and texture are really quite good. I would make this just for myself. As it is I am not a diabetic, but have been asked to make some diabetic friendly deserts for a wedding. The large loaf pan took 1 hour and the smaller one 45 minutes. I also lined the bottom with parchment paper.