Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A low-fat, low sugar dessert treat. Great for a holiday dessert tray. From Chris Smith, The Diabetic Chef Cook time is chilling time. SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM FOR NUTRITIONAL INFO!
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee, cold
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 30 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells (Athens Brand)
- Combine cream cheese, Splenda, coffee and vanilla in medium bowl and mix until smooth. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag, fill tart shells.
- NOTE: Zaar doesn't recognize several of the ingredients, so Zaar nutritional info is wrong. Real info is: Calories-9.9, Total fat-0.7g, Saturated Fat-0.5g, Total carbs-0.7g, Sugars-0.6g, Sodium-5.2mg.
I made these for Thanksgiving for my diabetic father and they are wonderful. I actually found the recipe on dlife.com. That recipe did specify to leave the cool whip frozen. Also, it showed the carbs at 2.7 g per serving. I will make these often!
I made this recipe for a Memorial Day boat party, and everybody loved them! They were gone in about 3 minutes. They were super easy to make, and I will definitely make them again.
I love tiramisu so just had to try this. Since I'm not a coffee drinker, I keep instant coffee around for recipes like this. I cut this in half and used 1/8 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 Tbsp hot water, which was just enough coffee flavor for me. The only change I made was using regular superfine sugar in place of the Splenda. I also added a sprinkle of cocoa on top to dress them up. Thanks very much for the recipe mikekey!