Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 ounce mascarpone
- 3 teaspoons marsala wine
- 7 ounces heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups espresso or 2 cups strong coffee
- 1 ounce marsala
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 24 french-style ladyfinger cookies
- 3 tablespoons powdered cocoa mix, sweetened
- Prepare Cream Mixture:.
- In an electric mixer, prepare cream mixture by whipping sugar and egg yolks on high speed until pale yellow and thick.
- With mixer on medium speed, add cream cheese and whip until smooth.
- Add mascarpone and Marsala.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Prepare Espresso Mixture:.
- To prepare espresso mixture, combine espresso, additional Marsala, sugar, and warm water.
- To assemble, dip ladyfingers in espresso mixture.
- Place one layer of dipped ladyfingers on bottom of serving platter.
- Top with one layer of cream mixture.
- Add another layer of dipped ladyfingers, topped with a second layer of cream mixture.
- Sift cocoa over top.
This turned out quite nicely, although I altered a few of the quantities. I found that there wasn't nearly enough cream mixture, so made 1 1/2 quantities of that. Next time I wouldn't worry about the cream cheese, but would use extra mascarpone instead. A tip from a first-timer: don't dunk the ladyfingers, just dip them slightly! My tiramisu ended up with liquid coffee pooled at the bottom of the dish. Still tasted great, though.