Recipe by Starrynews
Recipe from a relative. Prep time does not include the time needed for the dough to chill.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Technically, this is our dinner tonight but I had to taste test it first, right? I added finely minced carrot and broccoli and threw in a few cherry tomatoes cut up into small pieces. I substituted grana padano Parmesan and white pepper for black. Easy to make and it was made easier by utilizing a tortilla press to form the dough. Thanks for posting. There are many avenues with this recipe. Reviewed for Veg Tag August.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- paprika, to taste
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Use your hands to work in the flour.
- Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg, milk, salt, and pepper together and put to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide dough into small balls and press into miniature tins.
- Divide the Swiss cheese into the unbaked shells.
- Drizzle egg mixture over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.