Prep1 hr 20 mins
I love to serve finger foods at parties and get-togethers, and I wanted to do some tiny pies, but all I could find were recipes for regular muffin sized "mini" apple pies. So here's what I came up with for tiny bite-sized apple pies! I have successfully made these gluten free by checking ingredients and using a gluten free flour blend. Prep time includes 1 hour chill time for dough.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together. Once well combined, add flour and work into dough by hand or by mixer. Chill dough for about one hour.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by combining the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Allow the apple mixture to sit and flavors to meld.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, and nutmeg into a small bowl, stirring well. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- When dough is ready, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Divide dough into 24 small balls and press into the bottom and up the sides of the cups in a miniature muffin pan.
- Fill each crust with apple filling - this should rise a little above each cup, as the apples will settle a bit during baking. If you have extra juice in the bottom of the bowl when you've used up the apples, divide that up throughout the cups too.
- Top each pie with crumble topping.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Filling will be bubbly and top a light golden brown when ready.