1/1 Photo of Tiny Apple Pies With Crumble Topping
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I love to serve finger foods at parties and get-togethers, and I wanted to do some tiny pies, but all I could find were recipes for regular muffin sized "mini" apple pies. So here's what I came up with for tiny bite-sized apple pies! I have successfully made these gluten free by checking ingredients and using a gluten free flour blend. Prep time includes 1 hour chill time for dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and cream cheese together. Once well combined, add flour and work into dough by hand or by mixer. Chill dough for about one hour.
- 2Meanwhile, make the filling by combining the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Allow the apple mixture to sit and flavors to meld.
- 3Combine flour, brown sugar, and nutmeg into a small bowl, stirring well. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4When dough is ready, preheat oven to 400°F.
- 5Divide dough into 24 small balls and press into the bottom and up the sides of the cups in a miniature muffin pan.
- 6Fill each crust with apple filling - this should rise a little above each cup, as the apples will settle a bit during baking. If you have extra juice in the bottom of the bowl when you've used up the apples, divide that up throughout the cups too.
- 7Top each pie with crumble topping.
- 8Bake for 18-20 minutes. Filling will be bubbly and top a light golden brown when ready.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiny Apple Pies With Crumble Topping
Serving Size: 1 (828 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 54.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g