Recipe by kzbhansen
Timberlodge restaurant makes these hashbrowns as a side dish and they are wonderful. This recipe was published in the newspaper a couple of years ago. Enjoy I love these.
- 40 ounces frozen shredded hash browns, about 13 1/3 Cups
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped to about 1/2 inch
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a Large mixing bowl, combine the hashbrowns, onion, shredded cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Add soup and mix thoroughly.
- Add melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 9X13 pan with additional butter.
- Transfer the hashbrown mixture into greased pan and spread evenly. *DO NOT pack down*.
- Bake for 1 hour until golden brown.
- Rotate pan for even browning if necessary.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.