Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Timberlodge restaurant makes these hashbrowns as a side dish and they are wonderful. This recipe was published in the newspaper a couple of years ago. Enjoy I love these.
- 40 ounces frozen shredded hash browns, about 13 1/3 Cups
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped to about 1/2 inch
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a Large mixing bowl, combine the hashbrowns, onion, shredded cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Add soup and mix thoroughly.
- Add melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 9X13 pan with additional butter.
- Transfer the hashbrown mixture into greased pan and spread evenly. *DO NOT pack down*.
- Bake for 1 hour until golden brown.
- Rotate pan for even browning if necessary.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
ooohhhhh nuuuuummmmy. Since my kids are still small I struggle not to eat the rest of the pan its that good. I crave these hash browns.
I made these with reduced fat cheese and Fit and Active soup. They still turned out fantastic! We have vegetarians in our house so I may try them with Cream of Celery or Cream of Cheddar soup next time. This recipe was the highlight of our meal! This recipe is a keeper!
Great dinner tonight. I did not change nothing. Thank You for your recipe. Will make again. Hugs