Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was created after reading several Creole sauce recipes and using the ingredients at hand.This would probably work with any mild fish. Next time I make this I will probably add some crab meat.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- black pepper, to-taste
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 lb small shrimp, peeled
- Add all ingredients except fish and shrimp to a saucepan.
- Simmer sauce until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp to sauce. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place fish in a baking dish. Cover with sauce.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.