Recipe by Kaarin
Tangy and sweet, this has a little less sugar than other recipes. I plan to try this with splenda. Adapted from my More With Less Mennonite cookbook. Either canned or dried, cooked beans may be used. I chose my favorite beans, but many other kinds can be substituted.
- 2 cups cut green beans
- 2 cups dark red kidney beans (or 15 oz. can)
- 2 cups garbanzo beans (or 15 oz. can)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans till tender.
- Drain canned beans and rinse.
- Toss beans with onion and pepper.
- Combine the oil with remaining ingredients and pour over the beans.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Flavor improves with marinating overnight or longer.