Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe came from Bush's Beans site.
Top Review by Noo
Loved the speediness and versatility of this recipe!
I say versatile as I had to make a few changes. I used turkey mince to cut down on the fat a little (DH has to watch his cholesterol!) and I as I struggled with trying to locate some of the beans, I used kidney beans, cannellini beans and sweetcorn...a combination which we really enjoyed!
This recipe was wonderfully simple to prepare and we just loved the flavour and texture of the beans.
Big thumbs up from our house...we're definitely keeping this one...I'll be making this one regularly.
Thanks LL. Made for PRMR.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- sour cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in heavy dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add chili powder while browning and mix in well.
- Add onion and green pepper to meat and brown for 2 minutes.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.