Sirloin Three Bean Chili
Very hearty chili. Great with corn bread. A staple at our house in the winter.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless sirloin (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Heat oil in large stock pot.
- Cook beef until brown and remove.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pot and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beef.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beef and cook until beef is tender.Usually about 45 minutes or so.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a wonderful chili recipe that is unlike other chilis because it is colorful (3 different beans), and it uses sliced/diced sirloin steak instead of ground beef. We all loved this recipe. The only change I made is that I only had 1/2 green bell pepper and I cut the amount of chili powder in half...everything else the same. I probably diced my sirloin smaller than 1". I served this with shredded cheese and a dallop of sour cream on top, (sprinkled w/ cilantro) and a salad on the side. Thanx for posting this recipe. We will eat this often!