Easy Three Bean Vegetarian Chili
- Ready In:
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon cider vinegar (optional)
- Spray a large nonstick pot with cooking spray.
- (Or use oil for sauteing.) Add green pepper, onion and garlic.
- Saute over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot in soup bowls.
Join The Conversation