Southwestern Black Bean Chili
photo by Lucky Clover
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion
- sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips (optional) or chili cheese corn chips (optional)
- In a large pot, add ground chuck and onions. Brown meat and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add drained corn, undrained black beans, tomato soup, water, and jalapenos; stir. Cook until hot.
- Add 1/2 cup sour cream and 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- When cheese is melted, pour into individual bowls and garnish with additional cheese, sour cream, green onions and tortilla chips or chili cheese corn chips if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous!! I've been on a Mexican/Southwestern kick lately and this fit the bill perfectly!! This is very easy to do , makes A LOT , and the taste is really really good!!! Just waiting for the weather to cool down a bit more and will be making this often in the colder month!! Thanks for a great recipe!! :)