Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Bush's Beans site.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Brown ground beef in heavy dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add chili powder while browning and mix in well.
- Add onion and green pepper to meat and brown for 2 minutes.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Loved the speediness and versatility of this recipe!
I say versatile as I had to make a few changes. I used turkey mince to cut down on the fat a little (DH has to watch his cholesterol!) and I as I struggled with trying to locate some of the beans, I used kidney beans, cannellini beans and sweetcorn...a combination which we really enjoyed!
This recipe was wonderfully simple to prepare and we just loved the flavour and texture of the beans.
Big thumbs up from our house...we're definitely keeping this one...I'll be making this one regularly.
Thanks LL. Made for PRMR.
This is really good, thick and meaty! I cut the recipe in half and had to use a red pepper instead of green. I also used a red onion. I've never used cinnamon in chili before and liked that, too. Made for Photo Tag. Hopefully I'll be able to post the photo in the not too distant future. Food.com won't allow that function yet.
I made this for my daughter and her hungry student friends when I was staying with her! It went down a BOMB! Used all the beans as posted and served it with rice and grated cheese for a Bonfire Night treat! Made for Aussie Recipe Swap - merci LL! FT:-)