Recipe by lilkittykt
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
I made this for my husband tonight, so I'm giving his review--he loved it!! He did think there were too many mushrooms (I made 1/2 the recipe so used 8oz mushrooms) & for next time asked me to use 1/2 the amount. BUT he loved the flavor; thought it was perfect. I added 1/4 tsp seasoning salt & didn't use any browning sauce--maybe I'll try worchestershire sauce next time? I sauteed the mushrooms in light butter cuz hubby likes that flavor. I used 1/2 skim milk & 1/2 fat free half & half--but hubby requested a thicker broth next time so I'll use more flour. Overall, an easy, delicious recipe that went over great with my husband. Thanks so much!!!
- 1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansready to use reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon browning sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a soup pot with nonstick cooking spray, add the mushrooms and saute over high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until soft, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth, onion powder, and pepper; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and flour until smooth, gradually add to the soup, stirring constantly, stir in the browning and seaoning sauce and simmer for 5 more minuts, or until thickend.