Green Chili Pepper Creamy Mushroom Soup
I found this recipe posted on the Campbell's soup website several years ago, posted there by M.E.Lohmeyer. I added a little cheddar cheese to the original recipe. It's a quick way to dress up plain cream of mushroom soup and give it a little kick.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can milk (fill the soup can)
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until heated through and serve.
- NOTE: The original recipe states to puree the ingredients before adding the mushrooms, but, I prefer a more chunky texture, so I skip that step.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was very good and such a great way to jazz up canned soup! I was surprised at how yummy this was! I added some garlic and black pepper, and lots of extra cheese, but, otherwise, made it exactly as written. I love that I have a new recipe to liven up canned soup, as I already do that with a number of other soups. This one is definitely a keeper!