Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I took the basic cheesecake recipe & added some yummy extras. I love turtles and cheesecake so I decided to try to make a turtle cheesecake. It is awesome!! The recipe calls for a bag of caramels melted with milk but some of the time I just use a bottle of caramel ice cream topping and use it. You can also make your own caramel & use it! :)
- 2 cups crumbled Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 3 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 squares semisweet baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cookie crumbles & butter together & then press firmly into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Put caramels and milk in a small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until caramels are melted completely.
- Stir the pecans into the caramel sauce.
- Pour 1/2 of the caramel mixture onto the crust & refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cover & refrigerate the other 1/2 of caramel mixture for later.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, & vanilla with a mixture until well blended.
- Add the egss, one at a time, mixing on low until well blended.
- Pour over caramel layer in crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until center is almost set over a pan of water.
- When finished baking, refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, microwave remaining caramel mixture for 1 minute.
- Pour caramel sauce over cheesecake.
- Melt chocolate as directed by package direction.
- Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake.
- Store in refrigerator!