Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Coat with red and/or green sugar for the holidays, these cookies make a wonderful addition to your holiday cookie tray! :)
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- sugar, for coating
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium or large bowl cream butter with sugar for about 3-4 minutes or until smooth.
- Add in egg, vanilla and almond extract; beat until well combined.
- Add in the creamed ingredients into the flour mixture; blend well.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough into small balls.
- Place the balls onto an ungreased cookie/baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand on the cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Very Easy!! I rolled the dough out and cut cookies. I only had to dust flour on the dough and rolling pin - no refrigeration needed. I was done in an hour! And they taste great! I cut rectangles and sandwiched them with Nutella. Little chocolate sandwiches in an hour. Delicious!
These are the BEST!! I made this recipe for use with Cookie-Crust Lemon Bars instead of refrigerated sugar cookie dough, I made the leftover dough up as cookies and are they ever GOOD!! These will definitely get made again - very good, very easy. I didn't use the almond extract but will probably try it next time. Thanks for posting this Kittencal, it's a keeper!
It was 4:00 pm and I wanted a cookie! I had these done and cooling before 5:00. They are crunchy and buttery, just perfect. In used lemon extract instead of almond and rolled them in some colored sugar. My family thinks I have made them a special treat and does not suspect that my motive was completely selfish. Don't tell them!