Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Coat with red and/or green sugar for the holidays, these cookies make a wonderful addition to your holiday cookie tray! :)
Top Review by The science lady
Very Easy!! I rolled the dough out and cut cookies. I only had to dust flour on the dough and rolling pin - no refrigeration needed. I was done in an hour! And they taste great! I cut rectangles and sandwiched them with Nutella. Little chocolate sandwiches in an hour. Delicious!
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- sugar, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium or large bowl cream butter with sugar for about 3-4 minutes or until smooth.
- Add in egg, vanilla and almond extract; beat until well combined.
- Add in the creamed ingredients into the flour mixture; blend well.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough into small balls.
- Place the balls onto an ungreased cookie/baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand on the cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.