1/1 Photo of The Ultimate Salsa Fresca
Salsa fresca is a generic term for any salsa that isn't cooked. There's no right or wrong way to do it - everyone does their own thing. This recipe is my take on what my mom used to make, but I think it's exceptional. (Pat on back, LOL!) Measurements are loose, but the key is the olive oil and mexican oregano. Prep time includes 15 minutes of standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-reactive bowl, combine first six ingredients.
- 2Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Add the minced serrano chiles, a little at a time, tasting for "heat" until you reach the level you can stand.
- 4Let stand for fifteen minutes to let the flavors meld. A small squeeze of lime juice is also good.
- 5Refrigerate until ready to use. Will NOT keep overnight.
- 6NOTE: this is such a versatile salsa. Try it in scrambled eggs, then rolled in a flour tortilla (breakfast burrito). Yum!
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Salsa Fresca
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.5
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g