Recipe by Glenna Reasland
we lived in naples italy for 3 years and are actually going back for 3 more. here is the authentic bruschetta recipe, guaranteed to be a huge hit.
Top Review by Peter Pan
The best bruschetta bread I have ever tasted. The topping was so refreshing and had a well-balanced flavor. I brushed the sliced french bread with olive oil - chopped basil mixture before broiling. It was a big hit. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 8 roma tomatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 loaf long French bread, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- chop roma tomatoes, red onion, and garlic put into medium sized bowl, set aside in food processor chop the basil until very fine, add to tomato mixture.
- add red wine vinegar and oil, and salt/pepper and mix well.
- let sit.
- meanwhile grill/ or broil bread until just toasted.
- serve and watch the eyes of your guests get dreamy over the unique taste of this great dish.