1/1 Photo of The Perfect Pork Burger Recipe - Unlike Beef It's Trans Fat Free
A yummy, healthier version of my Perfect Burger recipe, which is made with beef. In an attempt to eliminate trans fats from our diet, my fiancee and I have discovered that almost ALL ground beef, extra lean or not, has trans fats! We went without burgers for months until we found trans-fat-free ground pork at our grocery. I've also recently discovered the wonders of paprika in just about everything, and came up with this slight variation for a healthier burger! My fiancee LOVES them, I make them at least once a week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ground lean pork
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 118.32 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 354.88-473.18 ml oats
- 236.59 ml corn flake crumbs (or bread crumbs, but the cornflake crumbs hold it together better)
- 59.16 ml mild paprika
- 14.79-29.58 ml garlic powder
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 4-6 whole grain buns
- 1Chop your onions while you preheat a non-stick frypan or barbeque at medium heat.
- 2Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix thoroughly. I use my hands, but you can use a fork or spoon. Wear gloves for safety against bacteria and food-borne illnesses!
- 3If you have to let the mixture sit, DO NOT mix in the oats and cornflake crumbs until just before you will cook them. Otherwise, the grains absorb too mcuh liquid and get mushy, making the mixture fall apart.
- 4The mixture should hold together quite well and not crumble. If it does, you probably need a little more of the oats and cornflake crumbs.
- 5Form the mixture into 4-6 patties (depending on the size of your buns). Keep in mind these do not shrink at much as beef burgers normally do - they hardly shrink at all actually.
- 6Fry or barbeque on medium heat for a few minutes per side.
- 7Garnish with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Pork Burger Recipe - Unlike Beef It's Trans Fat Free
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.2
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 491.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain buns