Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everybody will be amazed with your smart use of ingredients and refreshing balance of cruch and creaminess of this dish. So quick, healthy, and easy too! Great way to start off a large dinner party, or a romantic dinner for 2. Can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger group.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (may be substituted for grape tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, diced into 1/2 inch cubes (I use French or Israeli feta)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (can be substituted for white wine vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse and cut tomatoes in half, placing them into a medium sized bowl.
- Add basil, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Gently stir in the diced feta cheese.
- Best if served at room temperature.