1/1 Photo of The Neely's Grilled Potato Wedges
The simplest way to grill sliced potatoes is to parboil them first. This makes for fast and even grilling. The appetizing grill marks will make them irresistible.Enjoy! From the "Neely's Celebration Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large russet potatoes, well scrubbed
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons barbecue seasoning (recipe follows)
- 1Barbeque rub:.
- 2Stir together all the ingredients in a bowl. If stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, this seasoning will last for up to 6 months. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- 3Potato wedges:.
- 4Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- 5Put the potatoes into a large pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are just slightly tender but not cooked all the way through. Drain the potatoes, and dry well. Slice them into thick wedges, six wedges per potato.
- 6Whisk together the olive oil, barbecue rub, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss the potato wedges with the oil and seasoning. Grill the wedges, turning, for about 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp all over. Season with more salt and pepper before serving.
- 8Be careful not to overboil your potatoes! Leaving some resistance in the boiled potatoes is a good idea; you don't want them to fall apart on the grill.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Neely's Grilled Potato Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (1500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.6
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.3 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: