Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Most Delicious Soup
- 1 1⁄2 kg pumpkin
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons coriander, ground
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Peel and chop pumpkin, onion, celery, chicken stock, coriander and cumin in a saucepan.
- Simmer gently for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add milk.
- Heat gently, but do not boil.
- This soup maybe frozen.
Easy and fast recipe! Delicious result ;)
I had to roast the pumpkin first for it to be soft enough to cut up and cook. Great recipe when you're snowed in and have limited ingredients.
I made this for a faculty potluck soup lunch, to my surprise, it was the favorite there. I altered it a little by adding 1 sweet pepper, a little sweet curry and chili powder (I like my food with a little kick!!)