Curried Lentil and Pumpkin Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups red lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 3⁄4 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, chopped
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- yoghurt or sour cream, to serve
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook, stirring for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the remain ingredients, except the yogurt or sour cream.
- Stir until well combined then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook, partially covered for about 30 minutes sirring occasionally until the pumpkin is tender.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more