Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think I saw this on TV one time...I really don't remember! I made this a few years ago, the very first time I made homemade fried chicken, and realized, hey, I can cook! :) But, this really is a super, super easy recipe that tastes like you worked really hard making it! ;) And yes, the batter rises to the top of the peaches!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups peeled pitted thinly sliced fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 -5 dashes cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375* F.
- Pour melted butter in a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 c sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Stir in milk, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter over butter in pan but do not stir.
- In small saucepan, combine peaches, lemon juice, and remaining cup of sugar and bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over batter mixture but do not stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
YUM! Very easy and delicious. I used three really big peaches and subbed 2/3 cup agave nectar for the sugar in the peaches.
Yummy!!! This is very easy and tastes wonderful!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe, using one large peach. Served it with vanilla ice cream and now no leftovers!!! Made for your win in the football pool, congrats!!!
First, let me apologize for waiting so long to post this review. Second, O M G is this good stuff!! I made it with fresh peaches, because I had some. This stuff doesn't last in my house. No left overs either. It tastes the best RIGHT out of the oven!! Thank you Troop Angel!