Recipe by Troop Angel
I think I saw this on TV one time...I really don't remember! I made this a few years ago, the very first time I made homemade fried chicken, and realized, hey, I can cook! :) But, this really is a super, super easy recipe that tastes like you worked really hard making it! ;) And yes, the batter rises to the top of the peaches!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups peeled pitted thinly sliced fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 -5 dashes cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375* F.
- Pour melted butter in a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 c sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Stir in milk, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter over butter in pan but do not stir.
- In small saucepan, combine peaches, lemon juice, and remaining cup of sugar and bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over batter mixture but do not stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.