Fresh Peach Cobbler (Or Berry Cobbler)
A fabulous cobbler recipe. It is quick to make and delicious every time. If peaches are not in season--it is also wonderful with frozen sliced peaches--just be sure they are thawed through before you put it together and allow more time to cook.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 6 cups peeled sliced peaches
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Filling: Mix peaches, sugar and flour together and pour into a 15-inch baking dish.
- Batter: Combine 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in food processor.
- Process to combine.
- Add the milk and melted butter.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon batter over the peaches, making sure you spread to edge of dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
- Bake in center of oven about one hour.
- Crust should be brown and crisp on the outside and cooked all the way through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Variation: Blackberry, blueberry or raspberry cobbler--omit cinnamon and nutmeg.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fruit is already very sweet naturally, so I only added 2 tablespoons of sugar to the fruit instead of 1 and a 1/4 cups. This recipe does not need so much sugar! And then another 1 cup in the batter?! I also reduced this to 1/4 cup, and it was quite sweet enough. For the sprinkle on top, I substituted coconut for the sugar. The mix of blueberries with peaches was delicious, and I'll definitely make it again.2Reply