3 hrs 5 mins
Parrot Head Mama's Note:
I was experimenting in my kitchen, wanting to come up with something light, taste and refreshing to pack as part of our "tailgating fare" for this year's Jimmy Buffett concert. I am quite proud of the end result, VERY tasty with just the right among of *zing*, but not as to overpower the sandwich. And all 24 sandwiches were gone in under an hour. :) ***NOTE, cooking time include chill time in the fridge***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise (more or less, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 rolls or 8 buns (the softer the better) or 8 croissants (the softer the better)
- 1In a medium-large sized bowl, roughly break up the crabmeat into small pieces (but not TOO small -- don't "pulverize" it, LOL).
- 2Add shrimp, scallions and celery and toss gently.
- 3Add mayo, dill, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- 4Mix well, but gently, and chill at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- 5Serve on soft, flakey rolls/bread/buns/croissants and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Seafood Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 1057.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.4 g